It seems like every day there are new details and rumors pouring in about Zack Snyder's upcoming sequel to "Man of Steel." The superhero movie is quickly becoming one of the most highly anticipated films.
So far Warner Bros. has confirmed that Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman, Ben Affleck will be Batman, Gal Gadot will play Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred. Details surrounding the film have included scoops on Afflecks' "unbelievably cool" Batsuit to rumors claiming Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson landed a role in the sequel.
To help Batman fans figure out exactly what's going on with "Man of Steel 2," we've rounded up the top things to know.
1. What to know about Ben Affleck's Batsuit:
- According to Latino Review, Affleck will wear two suits in the film.
"The more interesting thing I've heard is that Batman will actually wear 2 batsuits in the film, but whereas the Grey-and-Blue has already been designed and Affleck has worn it, the second batsuit is more armored like the one in 'Dark Knight Returns' and 'Kingdom come' comics," the site writes.
- Jennifer Garner has seen the new suit and told Entertainment Tonight that it "is unbelievably cool. It's a total reinvention. It looks great."
- Matt Damon has also saw the Batsuit and talked to Affleck about Batman's storyline. Damon told MTV News: "I have seen a picture. It's excellent. And I've talked to him about the storyline, and it's great. Look, I've known him for thirty-something years... I'd be the first guy being like, 'Buddy, what are you doing?' But I think the movie is going to be great."
- Kevin Smith can't stop boasting about the suit. He told fans during his Fatman on Batman podcast that Snyder showed him a picture of Affleck in the suit.
"I saw the costume, more than that I saw him [Ben Affleck] in the costume... I don't want to give anything away cause that is up to them and stuff, but I am going to say this... I instantly bear hugged [Snyder]. You have not seen this costume in film before."
- It was previously reported that Warner Bros. would reveal the new Batsuit in February or early March but the studio has not confirmed this information.
2. Casting rumors for "Batman Vs. Superman":
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been linked to play John Stewart/Green Lantern. The actor has been hinting - or just teasing Batman fans - that he's either in talks for a role or has already been offered a role.
- According to Comic Book Movie, Matthew Goode is being eyed for an "unspecified role" and has reportedly met with the production team to discuss this role.
- "Arrow" start Stephen Amell confirmed talks with Warner Bros. about possibly landing a role in a Justice League movie. He told Comic Book Movie, that he had a meeting about bringing his TV character, Green Arrow, to a Snyder film.
- Rumors started circulating that "Lost" star Josh Holloway was going to play Aquaman. A source told CBM that he is being "strongly" considered.
3. What to know about Wonder Woman's costume:
- There are rumors that Wonder Woman will ditch the signature spandex costume in "Man of Steel 2" and will rock a more updated, modern version. According to Latino Review, her costume will be armored.