A KFC customer in the United Kingdom received a free meal from the fast food chain after biting into a piece of chicken that turned out to be a deep fried hand towel on Thursday.

Krystal Henderson, 29, received the meal after initially purchasing it for her two-year-old step-son Oliver, according to The Daily Mail. Henderson was subsequently sent to the company's customer support department upon asking staff for assistance when returning the four boneless chicken pieces back to the KFC location.

"When he bit into it, it was rock hard. He pulled it out of his mouth and when he did, it pulled away the batter - you could see the blue roll inside," Henderson told The Mail. "Realizing it was blue roll was worse than chicken. If it was bad chicken they might have just had a bad batch or something, but the blue roll could have been used for anything - it could have bleach or disinfectant on it.

"To give that to a child, I felt so guilty even though it wasn't my fault. For a child to bite into that is horrendous."

"We're very sorry for Ms. Henderson's experience and apologized to her immediately, as well as giving her a refund at the time of the incident," company officials stated, according to Huffington Post. "We take food quality and hygiene very seriously and unfortunately, on this extremely rare occasion, our restaurant failed to meet the high standards that both we and our customers expect. We have retrained staff on our stringent food preparation procedures at this store to ensure this doesn't happen again."

The Hendersons do not plan to enter another KFC location again.

"Oliver is only seven but he knows exactly what was going on and he doesn't want to go to KFC again," affirmed Henderson.