As promised by Google, Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 LTE already received the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update last week.
With the Android 7.0 Nougat update, Nexus 6 has access to the October security patch. Surprisingly, the Nexus 9 LTE only has access to the September security patch.
Nevertheless, it is expected that the October security patch for the Nexus 9 LTE will be available in the future updates.
After refining some things and fixing some bugs, Google finally launched the latest Android OS for Nexus 6 first then to the Nexus 9 LTE. This is understandable since there are more units of Nexus 6 than Nexus 9 LTE.
How to update HTC-made Nexus 9 LTE to Android 7.0 Nougat over-the-air?
- Download NRD90R Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 9 LTE.
- Connect to Nexus 9 LTE to your PC via USB cable.
- Turn off Nexus 9 and start in Fastboot mode by pressing volume up, power and home simultaneously.
- Press start.
- Access the Volantis-NRD90R (downloaded), then copy and paste the folder to the Fastboot directory (access Android SDK directory Platform-Tools folder).
- Open the bootloader through Fastboot Oem Unlock, then confirm.
- Run below commands from the factory images files in your Fastboot directory.
For Windows: Run flash-all.bat
For Mac: Run flash-all.sh using Terminal
For Linux: Run flash-all.sh
- Wait for the script to finish running.
- Nexus 9 LTE will automatically reboot after.
Android 7.0 Nougat basic features from Google include VR support or Daydream, Quick Switch, Multi-window, additional power competence, enhanced Java 8 language support, Google Assistant, smooth updates, push notifications and direct reply notifications.
Once finished with the update, users can already enjoy the perks of having Android 7.0 Nougat in Nexus 9 LTE.