If you haven't decided on what to wear on Halloween yet, you might feel the crunch as time ticks by and mischief night approaches. No time to shop? All the costumes at the store been picked through? Invited last minute to a "costume optional" party? Let HNGN ease your mind with these great ideas - from current events, most popular searches and great last minute costumes you can whip up in a cinch.
Donald Trump, Pizza Rat, Caitlyn Jenner and the Super Bowl's "Left Shark," are just some of the most popular costume ideas pulled from the headlines to wear for Halloween 2015, according to Reuters.
Other favorite choices for this year also include the controversial Walter Palmer, the Minnesota dentist who killed Cecil the Lion in Zimbabwe, El Chapo, the Mexican cartel lord who escaped arrest and #TheDress that went viral early this year on social media.
If those headliners don't grab your interest, then you can also turn to Fright Geist from Google Trends for last minute ideas. Among the most-searched costumes for this year's Halloween include Harley Quinn from the upcoming movie "Suicide Squad," any "Star Wars" costumes, "Batman" costumes and other superheroes, according to Refinery29.
Other popular searches: "pirate," "Minnie Mouse," "witch," "Minions," "Joker" and "Wonder Woman." Elsa from "Frozen" is still a favorite, especially for kids who loved costume their last year and could be wearing it again this year, according to Time. For Canadian trick-or-treaters, Harley Quinn also tops the searches, along with Baymax from "Big Hero 6" and Donald Trump, according to CTV News.
However, if you only have less than three hours to come up with a costume, then go where you're likely to fashion one in an instant. See if you have the following items below:
1) A bright yellow dress to go as a pretty pineapple. All you have to do is create your headgear - the leaves! You'll need to use toilet paper roll, green craft paper or poster board, headband, scissors and glue gun. Follow the tutorial to create the leaves from Studio DIY.
2) Black dress, black boots, black gloves, red trench coat and a fedora hat to go as Carmen San Diego.
3) For men, find a cardigan top, jogging pants or camouflage cargo pants, a cap and boots. Add some bling and go as rapper Drake.
4) For a bit of nostalgia, go as Marty McFly from "Back to the Future." You'll need to wear faded jeans, a denim top over a plaid button-down shirt and sneakers. Don't forget the red vest and shades.
5) Wear a crisp white button-down shirt with khaki pants, part your hair Don Draper style and go as the character from "Mad Men" from his final scene on the TV show. Bonus points if you're going barefoot for the night, as Don Draper did. Just make sure you have a good blister cream for the after-party!