Celebrities like the Kardashians, Sofia Vergara and Jennifer Lopez turn to Jen Atkin to style their long, flowing hair and Atkin has been in the beauty industry for more than a decade. In January, the stylist launched her very first hair product line called the Ouai, which includes floral-scented shampoos, conditioners and hair styling products.
After developing these items, Atkin is expanding her hair products with the release of a collection of hair extensions in collaboration with Beauty Works Online. She made the announcement on her Instagram Monday.
"If you were not genetically blessed with thick hair, are over your lob, got a bad haircut....we got you!!" Atkin wrote and posted a video of how her hair extension works. Atkins developed 20 types of hair extensions in colors ranging from the darkest to the lightest shades. The hair extensions are priced from $200 to $400 depending on the color and Atkin also announced that she's coming up with a hair extension line for salons and stylists in April.
For the last 10 months I've been working on my very 1st ever collection of hair extensions with @beauty_worksonline! If you were not genetically blessed with thick hair, are over your lob, got a bad haircut....we got you!! TAPE INS, CLIP INS, SEW INS... 20 colors in the collection, 5 colors WITH A ROOT on it already (now I don't have to bug @traceycunningham1)!! SHOP NOW online the link in my bio ( yes we ship worldwide ) Salons and stylists stay tuned for the professional extension collection coming in April...
A video posted by Celebrity Hairstylist (@jenatkinhair) on Mar 21, 2016 at 10:38am PDT
Atkin used high quality Remy hair for her line, which comes from Europe and is sourced from "virgin human hair." This means that the hair strands have not undergone any chemical process like bleach, perms, dye and even strong hair washes.
The hair extensions have been carefully hand-weaved so that the strands are full and thick. The colors were created using a hand-processing technique that makes the strands vibrant and the colors long-lasting.
To use Atkin's hair extension, the stylist suggested the following steps:
1) Your hair must be combed straight and sleek first so that it's neat.
2) Then divide the hair into two sections. With the end part of the comb, section off part of your hair in a horizontal line from temple and then secure the top part.
3) Carefully align the hair extension below this horizontal part by simply snapping the tool in place.
4) Make sure that the clips are close to your hair roots so that it won't protrude. Work on one side first going from the temple to the middle.
5) When finished, release the top part of your hair and style as you normally would.