CyanogenMod Inc. has released the CM 14.1 version that is nightly builds for smartphones like Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Xiaomi Mi 3, Xiaomi Mi 4, LG G3, Moto G variants, LG G4, Galaxy S5, OnePlus 3, Asus ZenFone 2. Xiaomi Mi 4 is one of them.
If you are a Xiaomi Mi 4 user then you should try the Android 7.1 Nougat on your device. Nightly builds are for the testing purposes only, but you can use as a daily driver as reported by some of the testers.
Xiaomi Mi 4 is tested for CyanogenMod 14.1 which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat source files that includes most of the features from Android 7.1 Nougat. CyanogenMod ROMs signature features like themes, custom dpi, multi-window mode, better battery management, reports PC-Tablet.
For the installation, the Xiaomi Mi 4 user need to have CyanogenMod 14.1, Google Apps package and TWRP custom recovery. The user should make sure that the phone is charged up to 80 percent as it takes lot of energy.
Follow these steps- Download TWRP >> Rename it to "update.zip" >> move all three files to internal memory. Launch Updater app >> select "update.zip" file >> stat update. The phone will reboot.
6 Easy Steps to install the CyanogenMod 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi 4
1. Move the downloaded zip packages to phone's internal memory.
2. Reboot the phone to the recovery mode. For this, turn the phone off and boot it by holding down the volume up key and power key together.
3. Select recovery mode and tap on Wipe, then confirm to wipe the system memory and factory reset.
4. Now select Install and then select the CM 14.1 zip package to install it on your phone.
5. Repeat the same above step with Google Apps zip package and install it on your phone.
6. After installation tap on the Reboot System, that is below the installation successful message.
After completing these steps you will see a new boot animation with CyanogenMod logo that will take some time to boot for the first time. After that, finally you will reach the setup screen with a welcome message from there you can easily start setting up your phone.