The Xbox One and PS4 are in an all out next-gen console war where minor details can sway a gamer in one direction or the other.
Something gamers may overlook when purchasing a new platform is the system's controller, but the way a controller is designed can contribute to your gaming experience.
Check out the specs list for the Xbox One controller and PS4's DualShok 4 below.
Xbox One controller specs and improvements, according to Microsoft's official site:
1. Contents: Wireless Controller and AA Batteries (2).
2. 30ft wireless range
3. Smoother Impulse Triggers: "New vibration motors in the triggers provide precise fingertip feedback bringing weapons, crashes, and jolts to life for a whole new level of gaming realism."
4. Connect up to 8 Wireless Controllers at once to your console.
5. Menu and View buttons for easy navigation.
6. Seamless profile and controller pairing. Infrared LEDs in the controller can be sensed by the Kinect sensor.
7. Expansion port for add-on devices like the Chat Headset.
8. Compatible with Xbox One Play and Charge Kit and Xbox One Chat Headset.
PS4's DualShock 4 specs, according to Sony's official website:
1.External Dimensions: Approx. 162mm x 52mm x 98mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
2. Weight: Approx. 210g (tentative)
3. Key Switches: PS button, Share button, OPTIONS button,
4. Directional buttons(Up/Down/Left/Right), Action buttons(Triangle/Circle/Cross/Square), R1/L1/R2/L2, Right stick, Left stick, Touch Pad button
5. Touch Pad: 2 Point Touch Pad, Click Mechanism, Capacitive type
6. Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing systems(three axis gyroscope, three axis accelerometer)
7. Other Features: Light Bar, Vibration, Built-in Mono Speaker
8. Ports USB (Micro B), Extension Port, Stereo Headset Jack USB
9. Wireless Communication Bluetooth® Ver 2.1 + EDR Bluetooth®
10. Battery: Type: Buit-in Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, Voltage: DC3.7V(tentative), Capacity: 1000mAh(tentative)