An easy homemade recipe would be a hit to anyone who wants to serve a delicious snack for the family. No wonder the three-ingredient cheesecake recipe of online Japanese foodie star Ochikeron went viral.
The Soufflé Cheesecake, also known as a Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, is made using only three ingredients: three eggs, some white chocolate and cream cheese.
The YouTube video was posted over two years ago but gained attention just now because of the simple ingredients and easy preparation. With over two million views, the video included the recipe for the cheesecake that could be prepared for less than five minutes.
Many users showed interest on the recipe asking more details like the diameter of the pan, the type of oven and others. Some viewers tried the recipe and were happy with the result. One comment said, "Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, tried this today and it turned out wonderfully!"
Ochikeron also said: "Yes! I heard many people saying it worked :) Please don't ignore my directions."
Want to know how this three-ingredient cheesecake is made? Here is a video and the recipe.
3 Ingredients Soufflé Cheesecake
Difficulty: VERY EASY
Number of Servings: 6
Calories per Serving: 230Kcal
15cm (6inch) round cake pan
120g (4.3oz.) white chocolate
120g (4.3oz.) cream cheese *softened
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs. Place the whites in a large bowl and keep them in the refrigerator in preparation for the meringue.
2. Break the chocolate into pieces and place it in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). Add the cream cheese and melt them together. Remove the bowl from the double boiler, add the egg yolks, and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form (to make a meringue). *If it's thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
4. Add 1/3 of the meringue into the cream cheese batter and blend well with a spatula. Then add the rest of the meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well.
5. Rub some oil/butter on parchment paper to prevent cracking. Line the round cake pan with the parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Place the cake pan on a baking sheet. Pour some hot water into the baking sheet. Bake at 170C (338F) for 15 minutes, 160C (320F) for 15 minutes, then stop the heat and bake with the remaining heat for 15 minutes.
7. When it is done, place the cake pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Brush with apricot jam syrup, add whipped cream and/or dust with powdered sugar if desired.
8. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! Cake will slightly harden in the fridge, so leave at room temperature for a few minutes before you serve.