Saturday, August 30, 2014 Headlines & Global News

Boyfriend Proposes to Girlfriend Live at Minor League Baseball Game, She Says 'No', Hoax or Humiliating Rejection? (VIDEO)

By Julia Lynn Rubin j.rubin@hngn.com | Aug 06, 2013 10:27 AM EDT

Awkward Proposal
A young man is rejected by his girlfriend during a spontaneous marriage proposal during a minor league baseball game. (Photo : Video Still)

Public proposal always comes with its risks, but scoreboard proposals at baseball games are typically met with happy endings. Such was not the case for a young man named David who proposed to his girlfriend at a minor league New Britain Rock Cats game last week, only to strike out in a rather humiliating way, the Daily Mail reports.

Share This Story

In the video that has now gone viral, David takes girlfriend Jessica out onto the field as he prepares to ask her to marry him. While the Rock Cats mascot cheers them on, David drops to one knee to propose, only the reaction from Jessica was not what he was expecting.

"Will you marry me Jessica?" he asks, to which she replies while covering her mouth in surprise, "David, I'm sorry, I can't."

While Jessica runs off, the announcer laughs before apologizing to David. "Sorry, I don't mean to laugh. David, I don't think we've ever had this happen before," he says.

Rejected, David leaves the field as the mascot continues to cheer and dance. While The Big Lead speculates that the proposal could have been a hoax as an odd means of promotion, The Huffington Post maintains that the awkward rejection seemed pretty real, judging by Jessica's off-microphone reaction.

"It's because it wasn't a major league game," one YouTube commenter wrote, receiving nearly 100 likes for his remark.


HNGN Poll of the Day
Copyright @ Headlines & Global News.
Featured Video : Hans Vestberg, President and CEO of Ericsson on Q2 2014 Results
RELATED ARTICLES

School Bus Fight: 13-Year Old's Arm Broken After Being 'Kicked and Stomped' By 3 Teenage Boys, Criticized Driver Had 'Nightmares' (VIDEO)

Three 15-year old boys brutally beat a 13-year old and broke his arm on a school bus ride home from summer classes in Pinellas County, Fla., and according to the Christian Science Monitor, the 64-year old bus driver will not be charged for child negligence amid criticism of how he handled the situation.

FEATURED PHOTOS
Real Time Analytics