An anti-cyber attack software, a 3-D stroke predictor and a customized music workout app were among the winners at the 2014 Most Innovative Product Awards, selected by a top technology group.
Connect, a San Diego-based technology accelerator program for technology and life sciences companies, selected eight new technologies that show great promise. Each year, Connect bestows awards upon companies with products that enhance the quality of life through technology.
The Times of San Diego reports that from among 100 nominations, the eight awarded technologies are:
- Aerospace and Security Technologies: CyberFlow Analytics for FlowScape, the Internet analytics monitor
- Communications and IT: Cubic Transportation Systems for NextBus fleet management system, amobile platform for connecting passengers of public transportation to live travel information.
- Diagnostics and Research Tools: Organovo Inc. for an exVive3D model of the human liver used for pre-clinical drug discovery.
- Pharmaceutical Drugs and Medical Devices: ToperaInc. for a 3-D Mapping System to help doctors visually locate the sources of atrial fibrillation, a cause of strokes.
- Mobile Apps: Rock My World Inc. for RockMyRun, an app that adjusts music to smartphone-wearers' biometric data as they work out.
- Software: CloudBeds for its cloud-based operating system for hotels.
- Sport and Active Lifestyle Technologies: electroZyme LLC for personal hydration monitor, ProFit SE Real-Time Sweat Electrolyte Sensor.
- Sustainability: Solatube International for its Solatube SkyVault skylights.