There are reasons why dogs should never be chefs.

A dog that was left home alone turned on the stove in the kitchen by accident, starting a fire in New Jersey on Friday.

A structure fire was reported at 5:17 p.m. to authorities' according to Sgt. James Tranz in a news release.

The Forked River Fire Department arrived at the scene, putting out the flames and rescuing the dog. No one, including the dog, was injured in the fire.

A laptop was sitting on top of the stove when the dog turned it on, which Tranz tells Asbury Park Press, is what likely started the fire.

The incident is still being investigated by Ocean County Fire Marshall.