Authorities announced that the victim in a deadly road rage shooting in Pennsylvania called 911 multiple times before being shot and killed, the New York Daily News reported.

Investigators from a special task force -- made of local police, FBI agents, and state police -- are claiming that the gunman who fatally shot Timothy Davison, 28, was chasing him for at least 15 miles on Jan. 4 from Maryland to Pennsylvania before forcing him off the road and killing him.

Davison's first 911 call was dropped, possibly because it was made as he was crossing into the Pennsylvania border. The second call was picked up by the Pennsylvania State Police.

"He was on 911 for the majority of this incident and we are reviewing the tapes to try and see if we can get any information to help us find out what happened," State Trooper Robert Hicks said.

Davison was attacked while driving home to Poland, Maine after visiting relatives for the holidays in Florida.

"This actor had murderous intent," Pennsylvania State Police Captain Steve Junkin said at a news conference. "We obviously have an individual who was so incensed that he continued to pursue Mr. Davison."

According to police, he was on Interstate 81 in Maryland when he called for help, before the suspect slammed his Mitsubishi Montero off the road, got out of his car, and shot him several times.

The shooter is believed to have immediately fled the scene and began driving south in a Ford Ranger XLT pickup, possibly damaged on his front driver's side. 

Though police originally said Davison's attack may have been linked to a similar incident, authorities have declared that there is no tie between the two attacks.

On Saturday, his family held a funeral for him in his hometown, remembering him as an outdoorsman. Despite a report in the Press Herald detailing Davison's nine speeding tickets in the past decade -- in addition to three crashes and three suspensions -- his mother denied his record having any involvement in his death.

"He never sweated the small stuff," said his mother, Theresa Alloca. "If someone had cut him off, he might say 'jerk' and let it go. He wouldn't have engaged in what we see on L.A. freeways. He just wanted to get home."

State troopers added there is no evidence suggesting Davison did something to provoke the truck driver.