Tuesday, September 27, 2016 Headlines & Global News

Gong Yoo breaks news of 'Train to Busan 2' sequel

Rumor about "Train to Busan 2" began to circulate when the actor Gong Yoo mentioned about it in an interview and in the social media.

By Menahem Zen | Sep 23, 2016 10:33 AM EDT

Yoo Gong attends the 'Train To Busan (Bu_San-Haeng)' premiere during the 69th annual Cannes Film Festival on May 13, 2016 in Cannes, France.
Yoo Gong attends the 'Train To Busan (Bu_San-Haeng)' premiere during the 69th annual Cannes Film Festival at the Palais des Festivals on May 13, 2016 in Cannes, France.
(Photo : Getty Images/Pascal Le Segretain)

Rumor about sequel of "Train to Busan" began to circulate when actor Gong Yoo mentioned about it in an interview, though director Yeon Sang-Ho did not made any comment on the talks.

Last week, Gong Yoo took to social media about the sequel of Busan, tweeting in English, "And there will be a sequel of Train to Busan. For you all."

Before that, in an interview with Sports Chosun earlier this month, he mentioned that the sequel of the movie is on the move. He said he has spoken to director Yeon Sang-Ho about the sequel although it was not sure if he will be back in the sequel because his character died in the movie.

"I think Ma Dong-Seok character can start the story of the sequel. About his life as zombie," Gong Yoo said as translated into English.

Ma played the character of a working class man Sang-Hwa. He was with his wife Seong-Kyung (Jung Yu-Mi) on the train bound to Busan from Seoul. They were boarding same train as Seok-Woo (Gong Yoo) on the trip in the Korean bullet train KTX. Sang-Hwa was bitten by zombie and transformed into one, while his pregnant wife and Seok-Woo's daughter are safe.

Since its premiere in the 2016 Cannes Film Festival on May 13, the movie has been praised with its fluid storytelling and camera movement. In domestic market, since its first release in June, the film has hit over 10 million viewing record. While in the international market, it has successfully grossed more than $97.2 million, according to The Numbers.

Director Yeon, is well-known for its animation films and "Train to Busan" is his first live action film. His experience in animation films could be the reason why the storytelling and camera movement is flowing nicely in the film.

In an interview with Yonhap Agency, director Yeon said the successful transition from animation to live action film was because he choose a zombie thriller story. But he did not say anything about the sequel.

It seems that we still have to wait for official announcement regarding to sequel of "Train to Busan."

Meanwhile, you can watch the interview with  actors of the movie in the "Entertainment Weekly" show at KBS World TV with English subtitle.

 

 

Like Us on Facebook

Copyright @ Headlines & Global News.
RELATED ARTICLES