Brittany Murphy's father has long suspected that his late daughter and her husband, Simon Monjack, had been poisoned, and new lab results from a re-investigation of Murphy's death suggest that at 32-years-old, the "Clueless" star did not die of natural causes.
Murphy and Monjack died five months apart in 2009, both of reported severe anemia and fatal pneumonia, and although it was suspected that mold in their home had caused them to fall ill, mold did not appear in their toxicology reports.
"How could anyone believe that it was natural for two young people [Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack] to die months apart under identical circumstances, both of them experiencing severe stomach pains and vomiting immediately prior to their passing?" Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, said in an interview with the Los Angeles Homeland Security Examiner last year at the time he was filing a lawsuit against the Los Angeles Coroner's office, as Radar Online reported.
"No one bothered to conduct any testing for poisons or toxins. Both deaths were erroneously attributed to pneumonia and anemia. Later I was told that all specimens of my daughter's hair and tissues were about to be destroyed, unless I paid to have them preserved. I did just that, but now we're facing new roadblocks in my plight to have Brittany's hair and tissues released and independently tested."
According to the Examiner, Bertolotti used the preserved hair and tissue to order new testing for toxins and heavy metals, as the Los Angeles Coroner allegedly did not test for poisonous substances back in 2009.
“Ten (10) of the heavy metals evaluated were detected at levels higher that the WHO [The World Health Organization] high levels," the latest lab report states. "Testing the hair strand sample identified as back of the head,' we have detected ten (10) heavy metals at levels above the WHO high levels recommendation. If we were to eliminate the possibility of a simultaneous accidental heavy metals exposure to the sample donor then the only logical explanation would be an exposure to these metals (toxins) administered by a third party perpetrator with likely criminal intent.”
Heavy metals are commonly found in rodenticides (chemicals that kill mice or rats) and insecticides, and can cause symptoms such as headache, dizziness, gastrointestinal, neurological, respiratory, or dermal symptoms such as abdominal cramps, tremors, tachycardia, sweating, disorientation, coughing, wheezing, congestion, and pneumonia, all of which were reportedly experienced by Murphy and Monjack prior to their deaths.
"My daughter was neither anorexic nor a drug junkie, as [the media] repeatedly implied," Bertolotti said. "Brittany and Simon were ridiculed by 'The Hollywood Reporter', when they complained of being under surveillance and in fear for their lives. I will not rest until the truth about these tragic events is told. There will be justice for Brittany."
Click here to see the new lab report conducted on Brittany Murphy's hair.